1. Sit or lie quietly and draw pictures in your mind's eye.
2. Imagine you are watching fish swimming in a pond.
3. Each fish represents an emotion like fear, worry, anger, frustration, sadness, jealousy, happy, excited, any feeling that comes up.
4. Just watch the fish and their emotion swim by.
5. Try not to take on the feelings of the fish; just BE.
6. You will have feelings because everyone does, but that does not mean you are the feeling; you might feel angry, sad or afraid, but that emotion doesn’t define you That’s not who you are.
7. Watch, don’t judge, or engage with the feeling and it will swim by just like the fish in the pond.
8. You might like to say, “I am the pond. I am the pond. I am the pond.”, until you feel calmer. Be the pond!
9. You could do this with clouds and name the clouds and watch them go by, saying “I am not the cloud. I am the sky." Be the sky!
10. Name it to tame it. See the feeling for what it is. Name it and watch it swim, float or hop away. Let it go. (inspired by 100hours.org)