When big emotions are taking over your whole body, these simple steps can help balance your energy to get your superpowers (love, joy, peace, calm) back!
1. Each thumb and finger represents emotions and hold pathways that carry energy to different parts of the body.
2. If you feel worried, hold your left thumb with your right hand while you breathe in and breathe out slowly and deeply. If you listen to your body, you might start to feel the energy flowing. It's ok if you don't though. Just hold your thumb for a minute or so while you continue to take some deep breaths.
3. If you are afraid, hold your left index finger with your right hand while breathing in and out. Follow the ideas above for the thumb.
4. If you feel angry, hold your left middle finger with your right hand while following the steps above.
5. If you are sad or insecure, hold your left ring finger with your right hand while following the above.
6. If you are feeling like you are trying too hard or lack self-confidence, hold your left baby finger with your right hand as above. Remember to continue to breathe mindfully.
7. Repeat these steps holding your right thumb and fingers with your left hand.
8. Hold ONLY the finger or the thumb that represents the emotion you are feeling or hold each, one at a time.
9. Place all your fingers in the palm of your hand to bring a sense of happiness and calm. (Then do the other palm!)
10. You could say, "I am a superhero! I control my feelings. They do not control me."